Today I read a story that inspired me. I picked up this story on Things you did not know about Zim Facebook page.
- This is City of Kwekwe mayor Matenda Titos Madzoke.
- The City wanted to buy a $68 000 car for him, but he refused – suggesting that a refuse truck be bought instead.
- He prefers using his bicycle instead, which he uses to cycle to work, and to be closer to people because he says ‘..there is no way I can hear complaints from people while driving a car around a city full of potholes.’
- He still stays in his house, bought before he became Mayor: the Mayoral mansion is empty because of that.
- He only earns $260 in allowances.
- Kwekwe recently won two awards at the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair (ZITF) for the city with the best treated water and another for its initiative to repair roads using locally generated resources.